Via is seeking friendly, helpful HOP Drivers wanting to make a difference in the community by providing safe, public transportation in the City of Boulder. We are looking to hire full and part-time positions. Please apply and indicate that on the application or let the recruiter know.
• General hours: 1pm-11pm in 8 hour shifts.
• Shift is five days a week to include Saturday and Sunday, days off will be during the week.
• Hours are approximate.
• $19/hour base salary
• Differential pay +$1 on weekdays before 6am and after 8pm and all weekends
• Holiday pay and bonuses
• Personal Protective Equipment- Masks, Gloves, Sanitizer
• Vehicles sanitized daily
• Paid Training!
• Paid Time-Off!
• Annual Wage increases
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account and Life Insurance
• 403b Retirement Plan
• Employee Assistance Program
• Access to Pet Insurance discounts
• Special employee-only discounts
• Credit Union Memberships
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program
• Stability and longevity with a growing, sustainable and innovative company
Transit Driver Responsibilities
• Safely operate vehicle and transport passengers on a fixed route bus service, open to the public.
• Communicate with and assist passengers.
• Adhere to Via’s Standard Operating Procedure.
• Daily coordination with dispatch on scheduling, routing and special requests.
• Maintain a clean vehicle and clean person at all times.
• Sustain a positive rapport with the general public and passengers.
• Maintain a safe environment.
• Other duties as required.
Transit Driver Qualifications
• 21 years or older with a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent
• Possess a valid Driver’s License in good standing. CDL Class C is required; we will train you.
• Reliable work history with strong punctuality and attendance
• Be able to work independently
• Must pass a physical, random drug testing, and ongoing Motor Vehicle Records Checks
• Desire to work with any level of general public
Via was born in Colorado in 1979, as a way to promote independence and self-sufficiency for people with limited mobility by providing caring, customer-focused transportation options. We also serve our community through volunteer driver training programs, disability awareness education and advocacy, human service collaborations and partnerships, community transit offerings and contracting capabilities.
There are a few ways you can apply:
• Click "Apply now" to email your resume today.
• Call the number provided and to get more information and to schedule your interview.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.